[CT Birds] day migration

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 24 13:49:51 EDT 2009

    Thanks Dave for your interesting facts. So we then can assume that some warblers might make an additional hr or two further migration after setting down in the early morning to feed? Maybe that's why I saw them going up continually after nine?

I also thought that many small passerines didn't fly in the day because they would be in fact food for the day flying predators. Plus warblers, unlike say swallows, do not feed generally on the wing, so they need to feed from the trees and foliage during the day, and fly at night for protection?

When you have the time Dave. Have a good trip up north.

Paul Carrier