[CT Birds] Bird Seed Sale at CT Audubon Coastal Center

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 16:16:36 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We're having our bird seed savings sale at the CT Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point. Pre-orders are due next Wednesday. Call to place an order or to get more information (see below.)  This is high quality seed at an affordable price. Proceeds further our educational mission. Thank you in advance for your support.  Frank Gallo, Director.

Fall Birdseed Sale
Pre-orders due by Wed., Sept. 30.

Pick up Sat., Oct. 17, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Help your feathered friends during the long winter months by stocking up on a wide variety of high-quality Lyric birdseed. Order forms can be picked up at the Center or call 203-878-7440 to order.  Ask for Louise, x 510.

Beginning Birding
Wednesdays, Sept. 30 & Oct. 7,
7-9 p.m. (classroom);
Sat., Oct. 3, 9 a.m.-noon (field trip).

Discover bird watching with Connecticut Audubon’s Frank Gallo, a naturalist who leads bird tours worldwide, is a member of Connecticut’s Avian Rare Records Committee and past president of the New Haven Bird Club. His enthusiastic, hands-on style quickly teaches you the basics of identifying birds using field guides and observational skills. The course culminates in a field trip to find birds at a local hot spot. Bring the “Peterson Field Guide to Eastern Birds.” (Field guides are also for sale in class.) Pre-registration is required. Fee: $85 CAS Members, $115 Non-members

Sorting Out Bird Songs
Tues., Oct. 6, 7-9 p.m.

Birdsong can be an incredible aid
 to finding and identifying birds. Instructor Frank Gallo will introduce the basics of birding by ear, using sound resources, as well as the tips, tricks and even pitfalls to indentifying birds by sound. Is that an oriole or a tanager singing? Could that be a Hermit Thrush calling, or a Catbird? Come find out as we delve into the basics of birding by ear. Fee: $30 CAS Members, $50 Non-members.