[CT Birds] Stratford BP 9/25

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:28:42 EDT 2009

The strongest day of the short season at Boothe Park yielded 1,500 raptors
and could have been even better if we did not have clear blue sky from about
2:30 onward. Our peak was about 11:30-2:15. We also did not start counting
until 11, with only 1-3 observers at a time. We do need more eyes so please
feel free to join us. There were a couple 200+ kettles, so missing just one
(and I'm sure we missed a few) would be a big deal. Still, a great day.

Observers: John Marshall, Charlie Barnard, Larry Flynn, Brian Webster, Scott
Duration: 6 hours

Raptor migrants:
1 Black Vulture
5 Turkey Vulture