[CT Birds] Friday at LPP Details

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:10:04 EDT 2009

9/25 - New Haven, Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch
*2,835 Raptors counted!!!*  Also, 1 Common Raven, 5 Great Egrets, 2 Common
Loons, 1 Common Nighthawk, 5 RT Hummingbirds, 1 Dickcissel, 6 Bobolink, and
our first big wedges of migrating Canada Geese - 659 Geese counted.

Raptors:
16 Turkey Vultures
42 Osprey
15 Bald Eagles (5 Adult, 10 Juvenile)
18 Northern Harriers
1,082 Sharp-shinned Hawks
141 Cooper's Hawks
7 Red-shouldered Hawks
1,379 Broad-winged Hawks (many kettles forming all around us from 10 a.m. to
1 p.m.)
7 Red-tailed Hawks
106 American Kestrels
13 Merlins
3 Peregrine Falcons
2 Unidentified Accipiters
4 Unidentified Raptors
My deepest thanks for this wonderful day to the "A-team":  Lynn James, Carl
Ekroth, Sol, Julian Hough, Nick Bonomo, Dori Sosensky, Judy Moore, Marty
Moore, Don Morgan, and Dan Barvir.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4