[CT Birds] Friday at LPP Details

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:10:04 EDT 2009

9/25 - New Haven, Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch
*2,835 Raptors counted!!!*  Also, 1 Common Raven, 5 Great Egrets, 2 Common
Loons, 1 Common Nighthawk, 5 RT Hummingbirds, 1 Dickcissel, 6 Bobolink, and
our first big wedges of migrating Canada Geese - 659 Geese counted.

16 Turkey Vultures
42 Osprey
15 Bald Eagles (5 Adult, 10 Juvenile)
18 Northern Harriers
1,082 Sharp-shinned Hawks
141 Cooper's Hawks
7 Red-shouldered Hawks
1,379 Broad-winged Hawks (many kettles forming all around us from 10 a.m. to
1 p.m.)
7 Red-tailed Hawks
106 American Kestrels
13 Merlins
3 Peregrine Falcons
2 Unidentified Accipiters
4 Unidentified Raptors
My deepest thanks for this wonderful day to the "A-team":  Lynn James, Carl
Ekroth, Sol, Julian Hough, Nick Bonomo, Dori Sosensky, Judy Moore, Marty
Moore, Don Morgan, and Dan Barvir.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm