[CT Birds] Birding doesn't end at sundown

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 14:42:33 EDT 2009

The sight of migrating passerines against the moon is a fairly  common and
well-known phenomenon.  In addition, you can often hear their  chip notes
when the night is calm and still, especially if your hearing is  good.  I have
heard them using my birder's hearing aid three times this  fall.  Most,
though not all the smaller birds are nocturnal  migrators,  while hawks, for
example, migrate almost exclusively during the  day.
Don Morgan