[CT Birds] Fairfield Birding/Yellow Warbler

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Sep 28 13:41:40 EDT 2009

The Yellow Warbler was probably one of the northern breeders. We sometimes find them going through CT this time of year or even later. The can often look very drab even looking more olive-green than yellow.

I was looking at the weather forecast this morning and trying to figure out when the next good migrant mornings are likely to be. There are a couple of muddling factors in play right now but I would guess that Wednesday morning and Thursday morning will be it. We should start to see more and more sparrows as a component of the migration and even Lapland Longspurs can show up this early. The earlier ones are frequently seen on beaches.

In the "oh so close" category, nearly 90 Parasitic Jaegers and a Northern Fulmar were seen passing the south shore of Long Island yesterday. It's not likely frankly but it isn't inconceivable for one of these birds to venture into the Sound, particularly along the southeast CT shore.

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.