[CT Birds] CC Birding

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Mon Sep 28 14:06:04 EDT 2009

This may also be of interest to the list:

The CC Bird Club Pelagic was canceled but I still decided to go
birding anyway.
9/27/09-
Highlights-
6:30am-West Harwich Conservation Area-Highlights-
1 SORA-very nice bird but didn't give good looks

7:30-First Encounter Beach-Highlights-
2 flyover American Pipit
1 EURASIAN WIGEON

9:30-Head of the Meadow Beach-Highlights-
1 Eastern Bluebird
Good Sparrow Numbers-Tons of Chipping, Song, Swamp, White-throated, 1
juvenile White-crowned, 1 unidentified juvenile sparrow that was
either a juvenile Clay-colored or juvenile Chipping. I was leaning
toward Clay-colored because of the streaking but then I factored in
the fact that the bird was wet. Email me off-list if you'd like to see
the photos and make a call for yourself. Lark Sparrow was not present.

Some very nice birding for the day!

Alex Burdo
Fairfield