[CT Birds] Late report from Bluff Pt 9/26

philiprusch at charter.net philiprusch at charter.net
Mon Sep 28 20:05:05 EDT 2009

Sorry about the late report, but I just got my internet back.

 On Saturday 9/26, the morning flight at Bluff Pt. in Groton was very dissapointing.  Only about 40-50 birds were seen.  However, several trips around the trail circuit resulted in 13 species of warblers as follows:
1 Connecticut- seen across from the brush dump
1 Wilson's
1 Blackburnian
3 BT Blue
5 BT Green
3 Nashville
14 Blackpolls
11 Parula
3 Black & White
11 American Redstart
9 Palm
2  Common Yellowthroat
42 Yellow-rumped
50 unidentified warblers
In addition there was a1 Yellow-billed Cuckoo, 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 8 Golden-crowned Kinglets, 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 4 Dark-eyed Juncos and several White-throated Sparrows

Phil Rusch
Chaplin, CT