[CT Birds] Sandy Pt

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:10:18 EDT 2009

Like Dennis' report yesterday, Sandy Pt was slow again. I visited
around low tide in the early afternoon and didn't have a single
shorebird. This must be a first for me in September. Highlight was a
nice look at an apparently-migrating juv Peregrine Falcon that
appeared to be a fine example of a tundrius bird (thin body streaking,
lighter brown color overall, thin moustache, relatively obvious white
tail tip, pale forehead). Quite different from the local young birds
I'm used to seeing in the late summer around here.

For anyone interested, there is a FORK-TAILED FLYCATCHER in Wellfleet,
MA (outer Cape Cod).

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT