[CT Birds] Glastonbury Meadows

Mntnhawke at aol.com Mntnhawke at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 18:44:44 EDT 2009

The easiest way for you to get to the meadows from East Hampton is to go to
 Hartford and take I-91 south.  Take exit 24 (Google says that's Rt 99) the
 Silas Deane Highway, and go south.  Look for  signs for Rt 160 and the
Rocky Hill Ferry (on the left).  Follow that road to the ferry entrance and
continue on by it.  In a 100 yards or so you will go through an open gate
and onto a dirt road.  You are now entering the Meadows.  Once you  come out
of the wooded area birds can be seen in any of the fields at times, but  the
shore birds are usually seen in the fields that face the river.  Keep  going
until you have to take a hard right and you will be on that road.   Watch
out for trucks and equipment and close your windows when something goes by
you because of the dust.
For those who may want to go there from the south you can follow the
directions above or take exit 23 off of  I-91 and follow the signs for the
ferry.  When you get to the Silas Deane, turn left and look for the ferry
signs/Rt 160 on the right.

Don Morgan
Coventry