[CT Birds] Glastonbury Meadows

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 21:47:09 EDT 2009

 NO.? The area that Don Morgan is talking about is the Rocky Hill Meadows on the west side of the CT River. This is the area that produces American Golden Plover, Buff-breasted sandpiper, etc. It is a great area that also has hosted Dickcissel and Blue Grosbeak during fall migration. It is primarily agricultural fields that area leased by the state to farmers for beans, turf, etc.

The Glastonbury Meadows are on the east side of the CT River and can be accessed off Route 17 in Glastonbury.? The area is exceptional for sparrows, but I will let Andrew Dasinger or Bill Asteriades provide specifics on access as much of the area is private property.

Jay Kaplan
Canton