[CT Birds] Farmington, Sept. 27

Scott Baron brnpelican at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 21:14:45 EDT 2009

Sorry for the late post.  I visited family in Connecticut last weekend and birded at, for me, a couple of new places.  On Sunday at Farmington Meadows in Farmington I saw a late Northern Waterthrush amongst many other migrants.  Song Sparrows were by far the most abundant bird that day (30+/-) followed by Cedar Waxwing (20+/-) and Brown/Western Palm Warbler (15+/-).  It was nice birding despite the constant drizzle.  I really wanted to see a Conn. Warbler but I wasn't that lucky.

I visited Shade Swamp Sanctuary in Farmington on Sunday and Monday.  It was also a nice place to bird with a variety of stuff.  Nothing unusual seen or heard except for many Mourning Doves, ununusual because some were perched in the woods.

Scott Baron
Fairfax, Va.