[CT Birds] LPP Wednesday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:33:13 EDT 2009

9/30 - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 177 Migrating Raptors counted (77
SS, 34 CH, 19 OS, 13 AK, 13 ML, 4 PEREGRINE FALCONS, 6 BW, 6 NH, 5 TV, and 6
various unidentified.)  Contrary to the forecast we had mostly blue sky and
light winds in the early morning.  Raptors began flying in earnest only
around 11 a.m. EDT when the wind was stronger and began to come more from
the northwest than WNW.  Canada Geese lines are forming up and one flock of
28 Robins flew over:  harbingers of Fall!

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4