[CT Birds] Warbler ID Question

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 1 11:27:04 EDT 2009

I just returned from a walk here in Washington, CT, a chilly day here only 47 F when I left the house. When I was returning form my walk I briefly spied what I believe was a warbler. The light was horrible and I only saw the bird briefly and low in bushes on the side of road. The upper parts of the bird appeared brownish, not streaked. The bird had a slight eye line and no eye ring. The underside appeared brown with yellowish highlights. There was no streaks on the breast that I could see. The yellow appeared to extend under the tail. I am thinking pine warbler but would appreciate hearing from folks as to what this bird perhaps was. The overall impression of the bird was small.

David W Babington
Washington, CT