[CT Birds] Stratford Dickcissel
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 1 21:28:43 EDT 2009
>From Frank Mantlik
- Main St., behind Deluca ballfield, 4-5 pm : 1st-year (male?) DICKCISSEL, LINCOLN'S SPARROW, 2 Indigo Buntings.
- Stratford Marina: 34 Yellow-crowned Night-herons, 2 Black-crowned Night Herons, 30 Greater Yellowlegs, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs, 3 SB Dowitchers.
- Short Beach Park: 5 Brant, 25 Snowy Egrets, 15 Black-crowned Night Herons, 1 Yellow-crowned Night Heron, 250 Sanderlings.
- Long Beach Blvd., tons of passerines behind the last warehouse, including 100+ Savannah sparrows, numerous song & swamp sparrows, 2 Indigo Buntings, a few warblers. With Scott Kruitbosch. "Warehouse" Pond had 28 Green-winged Teal and 1 Am. Wigeon.
- Connors Lane Community Garden: Indigo Bunting, lots Savannah & Song sparrows
And E. Phoebes everywhere (20 on the day).
Very little offshore, and very few hawks seen (surprisingly).
More information about the CTBirds