[CT Birds] snow goose vs. white pelican

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 12:29:58 EDT 2009

Regarding the possible Snow Goose at Hammo, Nick asked if the  bird I saw
could possibly have been a white pelican.  The bird was flying  away from me,
and aside from the obvious differences in size of the bills  (which I did
not see),   a white pelican could be a possibility.   Nick explained that
Snow geese are usually in flocks and a white pelican could  be flying solo.
Initially the size of the bird  reminded me of a  swan, but the primaries
were
thick and black.
So if any other observers see this bird down the coast  and get a longer,
better look ,I hope they post it.
Beverly Propen
Orange