[CT Birds] snow goose vs. white pelican

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:30:17 EDT 2009

In addition to what Bev mentioned, American White Pelicans, when seen
in CT, are often seen following the coast from east to west at this
time of year just as Bev described. Also, the initial impression of a
swan indicates one big, chunky bird.

I'll be interested to see if any white pelicans are seen along the
coast between here and Cape May over the next couple days. Sightings
in CT are often followed by sightings to our south/west.

It is not too early for Snow Goose though. The first ones should be
showing up soon (and if that's what Bev saw, they're already here...)

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT