[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - a few 'uncommon' birds

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 21:27:23 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Another fairly slow day at the hawk watch enlivened mainly by a stunning male American Kestrel stopping off to snatch and eat a Chinese Mantis (probably not the same one I photographed killing a grasshopper midweek) The birding round the grounds was pretty good however with 1 Adult White-crowned Sparrow my first of the season, Brown Thrasher, Swainson's Thrush, Yellow-breasted Sapsuckers, continuing Lincoln's Sparrows in good numbers and about 10 species of common warblers.

Luke Tiller, Wilton
www.underclearskies.com