[CT Birds] Stratford Boothe Park 10/4

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 17:40:36 EDT 2009

Today's Boothe Park Hawk Watch was one of the last events of the Stratford
Birding Festival. Thank you to all of the visitors who came out. I wish we
could have had better winds, but we did get some nice views of the migrants.
Near the end of today's observations Brian and I had two sizable groups of
Tree Swallows fly by just over our heads - a first in terms of quantity and
proximity for our new site. The second batch contained a few Chimney Swifts
as well.

If anyone reading this is interested in Audubon guided bird walks in
Stratford - especially at Stratford Point - please email me privately and I
will pass the word on to Miley and Twan. We are definitely considering it. I
know I've heard a lot of interest in this lately.

Observers: Charlie Barnard, Brian Webster, Scott Kruitbosch with many
Duration: 3 1/4 hours

Raptor migrants:
1 Turkey Vulture
3 Osprey