[CT Birds] Hooded Warbler - Old Lyme 10/5

recoverywing at cox.net recoverywing at cox.net
Tue Oct 6 13:06:13 EDT 2009

My best guess is that bird was hand raised or had been fed by humans before. Birds who deliberately land on humans more than once, showing no fear at all, have IMO been fed by people. Sounds like the warbler was looking for food to me.

It is a very different situation if an exhausted, stunned, sick or injured bird allows itself to be handled, due to inability to get away.

If the warbler continues with this behavior please contact me and I can determine if the bird needs assistance.

Jayne Amico/Southington
---- Glenn Williams  It flew onto her father's hand.  He brought it outside, but it flew back into the house and onto his hand again