[CT Birds] amazing photo

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Tue Oct 6 13:58:19 EDT 2009

That's a great shot. I once saw a video of this behavior. It was caught on film in Africa. The target was a Bateleur, a beautiful  African eagle, and the attacker was one of the shrikes (I don't recall which species now). The shrike grappled the Bateleur's mantle feathers and repeatedly struck the eagles head. Amazing stuff.

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.