[CT Birds] LHP 10/6

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Tue Oct 6 18:26:02 EDT 2009

>From Greg Hanisek

10/6 New Haven, Lighthouse Point hawk watch - we tag teamed the watch today with the regular Tuesday counter in sick bay. I was there until 11 a.m. and had a little over 70 raptors, including 4 Peregrine Falcons, on straight W winds. Other highlights;

One adult RED-HEADED WOODPECKER, 3 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS, 1 Cliff Swallow (getting late), 5 AMERICAN PIPITS, 3 EASTERN MEADOWLARKS; still large numbers of Blue Jays, Tree Swallows and Cedar Waxwings; a decent morning flight of primarily Palm and Yellow-rumped Warblers but only a fraction of yesterday's 1600 warblers.

Help provided by Julian Hough, Flo McBride, Nancy Rosenbaum and Ralph Amodei