[CT Birds] On This Day (10/7)

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Wed Oct 7 13:04:44 EDT 2009

Hi Folks

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up.

My policy is that I just report records without (much) judgement,
that is for the rare records committee.

As often as not a non-accepted record is likely accurate but does not
contain enough information to satisfy the committee.

By presenting those records on this list it makes people aware of the
possibilities they should pay attention to. In this way a prepared
mind might find these species and have them properly documented.

In addition, to amuse myself, and hope to educate people, I add some
old records that are not important today but have a historical
context, such as Passenger Pigeons, escaped Flamingos and the rarity
of Mockingbirds and Mourning Doves.

Dennis Varza