[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - Golden Eagle

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Thu Oct 8 19:52:10 EDT 2009

Hi All,

A nice day at Quaker Ridge. More quality than quantity on the day with 9 Eagles total including the one adult Golden (not sure I've seen an adult in CT before). Nice mix of stuff on the ground including White-crowned Sparrow and multitudes of Lincoln's Sparrows linger (well half a dozen perhaps). 1617 Geese on the day - all Canadas. Warblers thinning now and down to Rumps and Palms mainly, BT Green, Nashville, Redstart, Magnolia mainly solos. A little surprised to find 2 Eastern Wood-Pewees (seems a little late?) and yesterday I had a empidonax flycatcher which looked like a Least type.

Luke Tiller, Wilton