[CT Birds] Possible Worthington's Marsh Wren-NO,but....

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:17:46 EDT 2009

10/10,Sherwood Island SP,Westport

   Both AJ Hand and I tried to relocate the Marsh Wren we saw yesterday with no luck.We are both convinced it was not an Eastern Marsh Wren and I think it probably was a worn adult Western Marsh Wren.The best thing about seeing this bird was learning that there are many Marsh Wren subspecies and they are very difficult to identify.For those that may be interested,check out Birds of North America Online and the Marsh Wren Subspecies entry (Thanks to Greg Hanisek).More birding knowledge is a wonderful thing!!

Tina Green