[CT Birds] South Windsor LeConte's - NO, but ....

ctredbird2 at comcast.net ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 19:05:33 EDT 2009

Kind of surprised that nobody else has posted anything on this, but positive reports are more interesting than negative ones.  That said, I gave the LeConte's a try late this morning, around 11:30 or so, with no success.  This is not the say the bird may not still be around.  The weather conditions were extremely unfavorable for trying to locate sparrows, as the wind was blowing hard and the few birds that were feeding around quickly flushed into cover when approached.  Based on the chip notes I heard and the couple of sparrows I saw, most of them were Savannahs, with a Swamp or two mixed in for good measure.

I did have success elsewhere later on --

>From Jamie Meyers:
10/10 -- Windsor Locks, Spring Park -- TENNESSEE WARBLER, LINCOLN'S SPARROW

This tiny little piece of microhabitat isn't really worth visiting unless you're already in the area, but I have had good luck here in the several times I've swung by.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT