[CT Birds] Where Have They Gone?

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 10 23:29:00 EDT 2009

 "Tammy Eustis"
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Where Have They Gone?

Hi Tammy

I am thinking about the same thing you are. my feeders like yours are real slow and not well attended.

Could it be the results of a very bad breeding success this spring? We all know of the abnormally cold and constant rains and lack of sun this spring, conditions that are so bad for fledging young birds. Without a good increase in the bird population from a normal or even better breeding season might be the reason we see so few birds lately. Population crashes do happen from poor breeding seasons occasionally, but they often recover in following years. Lets hope so.

Paul Carrier