[CT Birds] Where Have They Gone?

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Oct 11 10:21:23 EDT 2009

We probably can't rule out a die off and time will likely tell, but I have anecdotally noted lots and lots of birds in areas with abundant natural food sources and many seed crops do appear to be great this year.  The Summer Bird Count results are still being tabulated, but in general there were far more record highs than record lows this count and overall the numbers were pretty good, so if something happened it would have been between then and now.

Patrick Comins Meriden.