[CT Birds] YARD BIRDS

Lorraine Gundersen raineg at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 11:17:18 EDT 2009

This is a great time of year to do bird feeder clean up.  As some one
recommended the lull of birds is the best time to spruce up feeders,
clean out bird baths and replace with the heated kind. Wash out bird
boxes and let dry in the sun. I also empty and wash out the containers
that I store my seed in which get filled with dust and debris. We did
our first round-up of leaves and garden clean up yesterday exposing
the mulch that hide all those bugs. Our yard has 3 sections of cedar
trees that are loaded with beautiful blue fruit and a Japanese apple.
Both of these the birds love.
Well it all paid off......so keep the faith....

Yard list Sunday Morning 10-11-09

Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird (1)
Cedar Waxwings (7)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (3)
American Robin (5)
Eastern Phoebe
Red-breasted Nuthatch
American Goldfinch
House Finch
Blue Jay
Tufted Titmouse
Black-capped Chickadee
Sharp-shinned Hawk (looking for breakfast!)

Lorraine Gundersen
Guilford, CT