[CT Birds] Sunday 10/10 notes

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 18:55:28 EDT 2009

I was fishing in LI Sound this morning and had some Yellow-rumped
Warblers flying north from the direction of Long Island toward the CT
coast. Before we went out, at the docks in Norwalk, there was a
morning flight of Yellow-rumps going on with birds streaming north.

The Wallingford Vietnam Vets Park had 3 White-crowned Sparrows, 1
Lincoln's Sparrow, and a Nashville Warbler.

I struck out on the Mackenzie Reservoir Redhead(s) three times today:
morning, afternoon, and evening. There were 3 Pectoral Sandpipers, 1
Least Sandpiper, and 1 Spotted Sandpiper there along with 2 American
Pipit and 6 GW Teal.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT