[CT Birds] Barnacle Goose+

Mark Barriger mark8bud8 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:46:21 EDT 2009

A good day of birding turned into a great day after finding a Barnacle Goose (presuming that it's a wild bird) in Durham. When I first found the Goose it was hanging out around the Greenbacker Pond which is along Rt 68 in Durham. Soon after calling my Brother the flock took flight and went over in the farm fields behind the Greenbacker Farm Cattle Barn. It stuck to that field for the rest of my time with it. The Greenbacker Family has been very accommodating with birders in the past so as long as long as we stay out of they're way and behave there shouldn't be any issues with watching Geese from they're parking lot.

Mark Barriger
Cheshire, CT
Mark8bud8 at hotmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitewash88/