[CT Birds] West Rock/Konold's Pond Big Sit! results

jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 11 20:58:58 EDT 2009

42 species total.  Hundreds of Blue Jays migrating through.  If I could
identify warblers by their chip calls, I might have had another 10 species.
Countless warblers would come up from the east, fly over the cliff and down
into the forest never to be seen except for a rear view in-flight.  Great to
watch numerous raptors flying by at eye level.

On Konold's Pond - Pied-billed Grebes, Green-winged Teals, dozens of Wood
Ducks, Gadwall
On or along the ridge  - Common Raven, Red-breasted Nuthatch,  8 raptors
including Peregrine Falcon and Northern Harrier

John Triana
jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
"Just take your shoes off and get soulful, ya know?" - Otis Redding