[CT Birds] possible Ross's Gull at Mansfield Hollow Dam

ROBERTA GOWING robertagowing at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 12 19:31:48 EDT 2009

Kayaking today at Mansfield Hollow Dam at 1:00, I spotted a small gull with two herring gulls and about 8 ringed bill gulls.  Looking through my field guides, I found a Ross's Gull that looked exactly like the little gull I spotted.  Anyone care to check it out?  The area is on the dam side, across from the picnic area where meadowlarks have been spotted in the summer.  A sand bar has developed where the gulls hang out.

Roberta Gowing
robertagowing at sbcglobal.net