[CT Birds] Lighthouse Golden Eagle+

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:22:24 EDT 2009

Lynn James will likely post the totals from today, but I wanted to get
the word out that there was a site-record Bald Eagle count (approx 20)
and an immature GOLDEN EAGLE. Also, of the handful of days I've done
there recently, today provided the first Red-tail flight I've seen
this year, and far fewer accipiters and falcons. The big birds were
out today!

East Shore Park was loaded with Yellow-rumps, Palm Warblers, and
especially White-throated Sparrows this morning. In fact as I was
walking in front of Yale-New Haven Hospital just before sunrise this
morning, White-throats were dropping into the city trees. With the
other reports, sounds like a significant WT Sparrow movement last

A digiscoped pic of the Golden Eagle plus a few other recent birds:

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT