[CT Birds] Eagles at LHP hawk watch

Lynn James marshhawk at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 14 20:52:42 EDT 2009

Date: 10/14/2009
From: Lynn James and Robin Mc Allister
Subject: Hawk watch, Lighthouse Point
We counted 20 Bald Eagles and One Golden Eagle today.I believe this is a new record for Bald Eagles seen in one day at Lighthouse.
10 Turkey Vulture, 16 Osprey, 20 Bald Eagle, 11 Northern Harrier, 80 Sharp-shinned , 31 Cooper's , 5 Red Shouldered , 14 Broad-winged, 12 Red-tailed, 1 Golden Eagle, 18 American Kestrel, 6 Merlin, 3 Peregrine, and 12 unidentified for a total of  239. Also a adult Red-headed Woodpecker in the park.
Thanks to Dan, Don, Julian, Nick, Dori, Judy, and Tony for their great help on a day when it seemed as if the birds were a mile high!