[CT Birds] Somers Snow Geese, ?Juvenile Brant

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Thu Oct 15 12:46:16 EDT 2009

10/15  Somers, Noon,  2 SNOW GEESE with 400+ Canada Geese in farm fields on
Watchaug Rd.
Also while scanning 200+ flock Canada Geese in horse pasture on Ninth
District Rd. I spotted a smaller, dark goose with black head, very faint
white side necklace, extensive white tail coverts, and white edging on wing
coverts that I really think was a juvenile BRANT (rare inland).  After
extensive study, I really couldn't make it into anything else!  Possible?

Jan in Somers