[CT Birds] cackling goose at UConn

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 16 18:14:25 EDT 2009

This evening there was a cackling goose in the UConn goose flock.   And, just to keep the unwary on their toes, there is also getting to be a lot more variation in size (and plumage) among the Canadas as new birds come in.

Most of the birds were on Swan Lake (the smaller one, by the Chemistry building on N. Eagleville Rd.), rather than Mirror Lake where they are more often seen.  If not on one of the lakes the flock will probably be in the corn fields by Lot W, or on Horsebarn Hill.

Earlier in the day I also had 3 ravens and a kestrel from my office window.

>From Chris Elphick:
10/16/09 - Mansfield, UConn campus: 1 cackling goose

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net