[CT Birds] East Granby Black Vultures

ctredbird2 at comcast.net ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 17 15:51:44 EDT 2009

>From Jamie Meyers:
10/17 -- East Granby, Spoonville Road -- 4 BLACK VULTURES in a yard just north of a convenience/package store.

I noticed what seemed maybe double this number of vultures in the same spot last Sunday but was too preoccupied with a sick parent in the car to stop.  Brian's post from earlier this week and the one from yesterday made me wander by there this afternoon.  It is possible that the BV's in that area are currently roosting in this neighborhood.

When I first started birding 15 years ago, BV was a review bird in CT.  Now it's a good but not totally unexpected species that I've now seen in 26 towns in 7 of our 8 counties.  Pretty cool.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT