[CT Birds] Sherwood Husonian Godwit update

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 19:42:33 EDT 2009

10/17-Westport,Sherwood Island SP -The HUDSONIAN GODWIT seen by myself and AJ Hand today on the model airplane field stayed until approximately 4:30 when it took off into the marsh.Maryann O'Leary,Frank Mantlik,and I tried to relocate the bird without success.We also had 4 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS,1 DUNLIN,and several GREATER YELLOWLEGS feeding alongside the Godwit.If the COA Sparrow workshop is cancelled due to rain,I will try to relocate the bird and will post.

Tina Green