[CT Birds] Sherwood Husonian Godwit update

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 19:42:33 EDT 2009

10/17-Westport,Sherwood Island SP -The HUDSONIAN GODWIT seen by myself and AJ Hand today on the model airplane field stayed until approximately 4:30 when it took off into the marsh.Maryann O'Leary,Frank Mantlik,and I tried to relocate the bird without success.We also had 4 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS,1 DUNLIN,and several GREATER YELLOWLEGS feeding alongside the Godwit.If the COA Sparrow workshop is cancelled due to rain,I will try to relocate the bird and will post.

Tina Green

Westport