[CT Birds] Stratford

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 18 08:57:42 EDT 2009

10/18, Stratford yard/woods-     The single adult male Black-throated Blue warbler, which I thought had left, was chirping this morning as he moved through the thick dripping tangles behind where I often park my truck.  I don't think I'll ever forget the BTB call now after hearing it so often recently.  He has been around since I had about a dozen moved through like 2 weeks ago.  Also in the thickets and edges were two Hermit thrushes loving the abundant berries along with about a dozen Robins.  The usual suspects included a very young Cardinal.   -Brian Webster-