[CT Birds] Lighthouse Park Sunday 10/18

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 18 21:45:12 EDT 2009

I spent only 2 rain-soaked, mid-morning hours at the Hawkwatch.
6 raptors today and half of them actually left the Park, to the
west.  So, that made 1,595 for the week.  'A slow day, but a great
week.

There were about 90 passerines in a small area from the locust woods
across from the butterfly garden, to the phragmites near the beach
and creek mouth.  Mostly WT Sparrows and YR Warblers but also
Phoebes, Song Sparrows, Swamp Sparrows, Palm Warblers and
others that could not be ID'd with soaked/fogged binoculars.

For all those Hirundinidaeophiles out there, I only noted 3 Tree
Swallows.

Steve Mayo
Bethany