[CT Birds] hummingbird (species?) at feeder this morning/now

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 18 22:35:38 EDT 2009

Hi all,
Well, after much study of the photos and/or of the bird itself, a couple people with more experience than I think that it is a Ruby-throated Hummingbird.  Mark Szantyr thinks it's a very worn adult female Ruby-throated.  And Julian Hough is leaning toward the same ID, though he intends to share some photos with an expert from out west.
The very wet bird was still coming to the feeder at least till 3pm, when Linda & I had to go out.
I'll look for it again on Monday morning, and will post updates of any further developments.

Frank Mantlik