[CT Birds] R Grouse

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 19 19:12:02 EDT 2009

I and my brother bird all year up in the Hartland/ Barkhamsted area going into some rough far in areas with my all wheel dr and in my brother's 4 wheel dr truck. This has been the first year EVER we did not see even ONE RUFFED GROUSE, though the State says they are still ABUNDANT here. We only heard just one drumming this spring. Yet all over this area now are hunters looking to find one Grouse to shoot. Open season Oct17 to November 30. They can bag only one Grouse a day and no more than 8 - yes eight- in one season, all legal under the States hunting laws. Do you, as I, feel their is something wrong with this?

Paul Carrier