[CT Birds] Raven and common grackle "party"- Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 20 15:22:44 EDT 2009

Do not see too many large groups of blackbirds by the house here at almost 900 feet here in Washington, CT. A few minutes ago I came into my bedroom and saw out my window at least 100 common grackles. The grackles sudden appeared and started kicking the leaves up looking for food. It was  amusing to see about 10 grackles at the bird bath too. The grackles did not stay long, something spooked them and they were "out of here".

Also heard a raven below the house here while I was doing some outdoor chores this afternoon.

David W Babington
Washington, CT