Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 21 13:58:15 EDT 2009

Today, within a large flock of Chippers (30 plus) was again
 a CLAY COLORED SPARROW. I observed it from inside with my nocks just 5 feet away. The bird was to close to focus on.
However: I did notice closely the birds were all eating grass seed, with most stripping the seeds off whole without shucking them but eating the seed husks and all. The still green seeds were eaten the same, green husks and all. Interesting.

Also their were plenty of White throated and juncos around and many, dozens - of Golden crowned Kinglets in the trees.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton