[CT Birds] 10/21 - Norwalk (interesting Brant), Sandy Pt (Red Knot+)

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:30:01 EDT 2009

For anyone interested, there were nearly 300 Brant feeding on the
lawns of Veterans Park in Norwalk today before high tide. One of the
birds, an adult, showed darker-than-normal underparts that extended
just beyond its legs. It had an incomplete white necklace. Though not
a "Black" Brant, I don't think it is within the range of our typical
"Pale-bellied" Brant. I'll have to refresh my memory with some
reading, and when I get some time I'll post images to my blog.

Also spent 45 minutes at Sandy Pt and had some nice birds including a
Red Knot and many Nelson's Sparrows. I got some pics of those too and
will post them in the near future.

>From Nick Bonomo
10/21 - West Haven, Sandy Pt -- RED KNOT, juv WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER,
9 NELSON'S SPARROWS

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT