[CT Birds] East Shore

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:57:05 EDT 2009

10/21 - I dropped in on East Shore Park after the hawkwatch on Weds. and
found a flock of White-crowned Sparrows (mostly juvies) working the edge of
one of the playing fields.  I had just ocunted to 20 WC's when a runner
flushed the whole flock, which proved to be about 40, including a couple of
Palm Warblers.  Otherwise, Palm Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Ruby and
Golden-corwned Kinglets, as well as Savannah and Song Sparrows were
inhabiting the brush and trees along the waste treatment plant side.  And
then I found my first Junco of the season.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver