[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park Sunday October 25

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 25 17:57:06 EDT 2009

We had 208 raptors today on moderate NW winds and adequate cirrus for contrast:
Migrants started a full 45 minutes after dawn and were immediately HIGH up. 1 GB Heron, 1 Loon sp, 1 Gr Yellowlegs, 33 C Goose, 4 Am Wigeon, 645 Am Robin, 570 RW Blackbird, 120 BH Cowbird, 25 C Grackle, 52 Ho Finc, 5 Pur Finch, 86 E Bluebird, 5 Am Pipit, 39 Bl Jay, 200+ pass sp?  Also, 2 juv WC Sparrows in among all the WT, Song and Swamp Sparrows in the edges across from the Butterfly Garden.
Thanks for all the help from Lynn James, Don Morgan, Nick Bonomo, Dori Sosensky, Steve Oresman, Tom and Matt Hanrahan, Richard English, Mike Horn, Paul Desjardins, Don Crockett, et al.  'Special thanks to all our MA observers:  Sol Satin, Fred Bouchard, Steve Anderson and Shawn Carey.