[CT Birds] Western Kingbird Hammo

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Sun Oct 25 23:35:45 EDT 2009

Was there from 4:45-5:00 and had the bird at the very end of the East
Beach Parking Lot, but not near the new pavilion. It was staying in
the vicinity of a few trees, flying back in forth while flycatching.
You can tell you are in the right place if there are two large sand
piles ahead of you.

Also, did Hammo so quick because I was on my way up to Pomfret to do
some Saw-Whet Owl banding. We got two birds 8:30-9:30, both females.
It was a terrific night to be out in a beautiful area!

Hopefully this tailless Kingbird sticks around. Also hope that one of
those Saw-Whets is coming to a cedar near you. Pictures coming soon!

Good Birding!
Alex Burdo