[CT Birds] Bird window strike preventation

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 15:20:49 EDT 2009

Since the number of bird bodies I have collected below windows in my life, so far, is shocking I have tried various methods for preventing birds from striking windows at our home here in Washington, CT, which like a lot of houses has too many large windows that birds easily hit and are killed by. I have tried the black hawk silhouettes on windows, various bit of cloth hanging on windows, and a window film that one can see out of but is dark on the outside. The best of the three that I have tried is the window film, which requires some help to get on  the windows if the windows are large. I came upon another "solution" for window bird strikes that may do the trick but we will see, UV static cling decals. The UV static cling decals are placed on the outside of the window and though transparent to humans reflect a solid blue (UV) image to birds